The EU Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Southern Africa (EU Chamber) and Business Unity South Africa (BUSA) will co-host an online business seminar on localisation policy. This will include presentations of recent research from South Africa and internationally on the impact of localisation and import substitution policies.
- Present recent research on the impact of proposed localisation and import substitution policies, conducted by Intellidex on behalf of BUSA and Business Leadership South Africa (BLSA).
- Share lessons on the experience of local content requirements implemented in the renewable energy and manufacturing sectors in South Africa.
- Highlight relevant experience and lessons from other countries.
- Provide insight into the link between localisation policy and the investment climate in South Africa.
- Share the experiences of international investors in South Africa